This song is first featured in Dear Diary. When Stephanie shows Stingy all the times he said "It's mine" in her diary, she also shows him the song he sung about it. The song is also featured in Pixelspix when Robbie Rotten accidently plays the song when he goes into Pixel's computer; and it is featured in LazyTown's Greatest Hits as Stingy's favorite song. This song is considered one of Lazytown's most popular songs and is used for memes, as is "We Are Number One". In the British version, the voiceover sings postbox instead of mailbox.
The song is a variation of "Nenni Níski", released in 1996 on the soundtrack CD "Áfram Latibær".
In the original version, Stingy mentions his dad: "Maybe my clothes get wet, maybe my toys break, then my daddy buys new things".
Since the song was featured in Dear Diary, many variations were used as background music for other episodes.
- This mailbox is mine
- And this triagonal sign
- That blue balloon
- The month of June
- They're mine, mine, mine, mine, mine!
- Ziggy's sweets are mine
- That birdie's tweets are mine
- The city streets
- The both of your feet
- They're all emphatically mine
- It all belongs to me!
- Everything that I see!
- North, south, east, and west
- I caress it
- 'Cause I posess it
- I'm Stingy and it's mine!
- And this instrumental break is also mine.
- The floor and ceiling are mine
- All your feelings are mine
- You always knew it
- That's all there is to it
- It's mine, mine, mine, mine, mine
- That's what I said, it's mine!